The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is one of the biggest interdisciplinary student organisations in Europe. According to the motto “Students helping students”, we try to encourage the personal development of people as well as the feeling of togetherness of different cultures.
ESN is present at over 500 institutions of higher education in 42 countries all over Europe. All of its 15,000 members are volunteers, offering their services to around 350,000 international students for free!
In synthesis, ESN:
- works in the interest of international students
- works to improve the social and practical integration of international students
- represents the needs and rights of international students on the local, national, and international level
- provides relevant information about mobility programs
- motivates students to study abroad
- works with the reintegration of homecoming students
- contributes to the improvement and accessibility of student mobility
- cares about its members
The values of the Erasmus Student Network that all members stand and work for are:
- unity in diversity
- diversity in the unity (we all have different backgrounds, but share one common aim and goal)
- students helping students (we passionately commit ourselves to volunteering for the benefit of others)
- fun in friendship and respect (we enjoy relations based on respect)
- the international dimension of life (we are open-minded, mobile like to discover and explore, to co-operate and to interact to break borders)
- love for Europe as an area of peace and cultural exchange (we live and benefit from the cultural richness of Europe to the utmost)
- openness with tolerance (we understand and accept others and learn from them)
- cooperation in the integration (we share a holistic view towards internationality).